From: "Meadows, Alice" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 17:28:26 -0400

Hi everyone, I had originally (and perhaps erroneously) interpreted Arun's message as referring to his paper not having reached many people. In terms of ORCID reach, here are a few statistics that may be of interest.  As of today we have:

- 3,554,378 live ORCID registrants (excludes locked and deactivated records)

- 686 organizational members, including 16 consortia (12 national, four regional - US)

- 389 member integrations launched/approved to launch and another 100 or so in the pipeline. There are also an estimated 100+ non member integrations using our public API

-  27 publishers have signed an open letter requiring ORCID iDs for - at a minimum - corresponding authors of accepted papers; 19 have gone live with that requirement for 1,600+ journals

- 13 funders (that we know of) require ORCID iDs for grant applications or for their authors

- by end 2016, 1,100,941 ORCID records were connected to at least one activity:
• 596,241 with one or more connected works
• 740,866 with one or more connected education affiliations
• 655,933 with one or more connected employment affiliations

There's a whole lot more information available in our 2016 annual report for anyone who's interested, and please do let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks!

Alice Meadows
Director of Community Engagement & Support, ORCID