From: Taryn Resnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 21:32:54 +0000

For complete details and application information, please click on the following link: PVL# 91401-AS

University of Wisconsin - Madison

Position Vacancy Listing

PVL # 91401

Working Title:

Electronic Resources Management Librarian

Official Title:

ACADEMIC LIBRARIAN(R04DN) or ASSOC ACAD LIBRARIAN(R04FN)

Degree and area of specialization:

MS/MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent required

[SNIP]

Position Summary:

The University of Wisconsin-Madison seeks an innovative, collaborative, creative and dynamic individual to serve as an Electronic Resources Management Librarian. Reporting to the Head of Electronic Resources, this position will be part of a newly formed Electronic Resources Management Team, and will assist in the acquisition, management, and delivery of electronic resources for the University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries. This is an exciting opportunity to grow professionally and contribute to the success of an ARL library at a major research university.

This position is responsible for providing varied levels of support for management of the e-resource life cycle and the discovery of and access to electronic resources. This will be accomplished through a range of activities; duties may include processing new orders for electronic resources, assisting with licensing, aiding in the management of electronic journal, e-book, streaming video, and database subscriptions, activating online access for electronic resources, trouble-shooting technical and subscription-related access problems, and actively working and communicating with vendor/publishers/library staff concerning electronic resources.

The Libraries at the University of Wisconsin-Madison are dedicated to the practices of social justice, diversity, equality, and respect among our staff, students, collections, and services. We strive to overcome historical and divisive biases in our society and embrace diverse points of view as assets to the fabric of our community. All positions will be called on to contribute to building this environment, and we encourage candidates to apply who share these values.

[SNIP]

TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION

Application must be received by: AUGUST 16, 2017

HOW TO APPLY:

A cover letter and resume are required. All applications must be submitted through the UW-Madison job application system. Contact Anne Murphy-Lom with any questions.

Questions about the position can be directed to:

Anne Murphy-Lom

Phone: 608-262-2768

728 State St

Fax: N/A

367 Memorial Library

Email: [log in to unmask]

Madison, WI 53706-1418

Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )

If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability you can find information about how to make a request at the following website:  http://www.oed.wisc.edu/478.htm

NOTE: Please indicate in writing if you request that your identity be kept confidential. If you do not indicate your preference to remain confidential, the University may be required to disclose your identify and/or application materials. The identity of finalists and successful candidates will be revealed upon request. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).

UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.

Thanks,

Taryn Resnick

Head, Electronic Resources Management Team

University of Wisconsin-Madison

330 Memorial Library

728 State Street

Madison, WI  53706-1494