From: Lorraine Estelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 14:58:05 +0100

The new Code of Practice
<https://www.projectcounter.org/code-of-practice-five-sections/abstract/>
is now published.

COUNTER’s library, vendor and content provider members have contributed to
the development of Release 5 (R5) of the Code of Practice. They have
ensured R5 is internally consistent, unambiguous, and flexible, so that it
will be easier for publishers to be compliant and so that the Code of
Practice can be adapted and extended as digital publishing changes over the
years.

*Friendly Guides*

To support the implementation of R5 we have produced two guides: The
Friendly Guide for Providers
<https://www.projectcounter.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Friendly_Guide_Providers_20170706-1.pdf>
and Technical Notes
<https://www.projectcounter.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Tech_Notes_20170710.pdf>.
Library guides will follow early next year.

*1 January 2019 is the deadline for transition*

Our Transition Timeline and Transition Options
<https://www.projectcounter.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/transition-timeline-005-1.pdf>
graphics explain the detail.

One last thing: You may also find this article
<https://www.researchinformation.info/news/analysis-opinion/counter-code-practice-release-5>
about Release 5 by Tasha Mellins-Cohen published in *Research Information *of
interest.

*Help with Release 5*

We have set up an email forum to help *content providers* with the
implementation of R5. Please let us know if you would like to be added to
the list, by registering here by sending an email to:

We will also be holding a webinar for content providers to answer
implementation questions. Please register here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.
uk/r/8WJT5R7

We will also be setting up an email forum for *librarians* to share
questions and answers about R5. If you would like your name to be added to
this list please let us know by registering here:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BTLXVNR

Kind regards

Lorraine Estelle

COUNTER