From: "Bertino, Andrea Christian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 12:59:21 +0000

Dear Anthony,

I am delighted about your interest in our Project. Here are some more details about the project environment.

The HIRMEOS Project supports OPERAS, a distributed Research Infrastructure project for open scholarly communication. OPERAS main goal is to introduce the principle of Open Science and ensure effective dissemination and global access to research results in the Social Sciences and Humanities. The OPERAS network as of now has 21 partners and is coordinated by OpenEdition. You can find More information on the OPERAS website:    www.operas-eu.org

HIRMEOS Consortium is composed of 9 partners committed to the open access academic book publishing sector at different levels: publication platforms, publishers, academic institutions, European infrastructures (OpenAire through Gottingen University  and the advisory board, Dariah), service providers through the advisory board. Publishers (Ubiquity Press, Open Book Publishers, Göttingen University Press) bring their expertise in academic publishing. European infrastructures (OpenAire and  Dariah) will ensure perfect integration of the project into the European open access policy and its strategy regarding research. The three publishers involved are complementary as OBP and UP represent a new generation of academic publishers, digital first, fully open access, exploring new avenues for a major change in the scholarly communication system. Göttingen University Press has to deal with more traditional stakeholders from its position as a library-based university press.

Our Platforms (Oapen Library, OpenEdition Books, Ubiquity Press, EKT Open Book Press) bring their expertise as e-infrastructures which have to deal with large collections of documents and important databases. One of their primary missions is to give maximum visibility and discoverability to the content they disseminate and work with the most important scientific information service providers worldwide to that purpose. It is to be noted that OpenEdition Books and EKT Open Book Press are national infrastructures and that OAPEN Library has current projects with major European research funders (ERC, FWF, FNRS, Wellcome Trust).

I hope this information will be helpful to you. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

Andrea Bertino

*******

From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]com>

Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 09:54:44 +0100

I am very interested to see this list of projects which I and I expect others were not familiar with. I would love to know how this relates to other initiatives with an international basis: it seems to relate to a small group of publishers but surely it must be more than this?

Anthony