From: "Larkins, Lisa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 15:57:11 +0000

Dear colleagues,

I’m compiling background information on the kinds of publications metadata reporting or validation work that may be required when initiating a subscription to one of the various (alt)metrics tools on the market (SciVal, Incites, PlumX, Altmetric, etc.) From what I understand of these tools one must ‘claim’ or confirm citations and authors as belonging to one’s own institution, which therefore necessitates the metadata reporting or verifying.

Specifically, if your institution has a subscription to one of these products, I’m interested to hear:

1)       Did implementation of the subscription entail some kind of publications metadata reporting or validation process?

2)       If so, what did this involve?

3)       Who at your institution did the work?

4)       How time and labour-intensive was this work?

Reciprocally, we just implemented a subscription to Altmetric here at my institution, and I’d be happy to fill you in on what our metadata process looked like if you’re interested.

Pls. send your replies directly to me at [log in to unmask] and I’d be happy to summarize for the group. Also, if there’s another colleague at your institution to whom I should be directing this type of query, I’d be grateful if you could forward to him/her.

Many thanks in advance,

Teresa

Teresa Lee, MA/MLIS

Knowledge Manager, Communications Group

International Agency for Research on Cancer

World Health Organization

150 cours Albert Thomas

69372 Lyon CEDEX 08, France

Off.    +33 472 738 434