From: "Peretsman-Clement, Gail" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 15:16:42 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

If you are concerned with the legal interoperability of research data -- or are working with data providers encountering barriers to distributing data under open licenses and waivers -- you may find the work of our CODATA- RDA Legal Interoperability of Research Data group to be of interest.

At the RDA Plenary in Montreal this week, we are leading 2 sessions with four case studies in data licensing, followed by breakout discussions around the limits of open licensing. The program is online at:
https://www.rd-alliance.org/ig-rdacodata-legal-interoperability-rda-10th-plenary-meeting-open

Remote participation in these live sessions is not available, but we will be sure to share a report from these sessions shortly after Montreal.

Additionally, please accept our invitation to participate in, or follow, the ongoing work of the CODATA-RDA Research Data Legal Interop IG!

Best wishes,

Gail Clement
Co-chair, CODATA-RDA Legal Interop of Research Data IG
Head of Research Services, Caltech Library, USA