From: Jean-Claude Guédon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 11:09 AM

I just want to bring the following to the list's attention. It is a game
project designed to bring understanding to the publishing landscape.

Here is the announcement I received:

*Thank you for getting in touch with us about our new game the Publishing
Trap. The Publishing Trap resources are now available to download
from: http://bit.ly/2yjrjzj <http://bit.ly/2yjrjzj>*

*We recommend you download and read the Instructions first. *

*Please contact us if you have any problems and don't forget to fill in our
feedback form (http://bit.ly/2xKKAVT <http://bit.ly/2xKKAVT>) once you have
used the resources as this will help us improve the next iteration of the
game! Also feel free to talk about the game on social media using the
hashtag #publishingtrap and mentioning @ukcopyrightlit *

*We promise not to share your personal data with anyone else and the reason
we are collecting it is so we can understand who is interested in the game,
and to set up a development community. We will be in touch in due course
with an update on this, but please let us know if you do not want us to
contact you.*

*Very best wishes*

*Chris (@cbowiemorrison) and Jane (@jsecker)*

*-- *

*UK Copyright Literacy: Decoding copyright and bringing you
enlightenmenthttps://copyrightliteracy.org/
<https://copyrightliteracy.org/> *

As a pedagogical tool, such a game, if well designed (I have not yet had
time to study it), could be the "Monopoly" of scientific publishing.

Jean-Claude Guédon