From: Emily Packer <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 14:43:40 +0000

[With apologies for cross-posting]

Hi all,

I thought you might be interested in this blog post, published today by
eLife's Head of Technology, Paul Shannon, which discusses the cost of
running our own continuous publication platform four months after the
launch of eLife 2.0.

Continuum is the platform that powers eLife 2.0. It is available as free
open-source software and licensed under an MIT licence
<https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT>, meaning that you can use it as you
wish, even for commercial purposes.

However, as with any software, even though its ticket price may be zero,
there are still running, maintenance and people costs involved. You can
read more about these in Paul’s blog post: https://elifesciences.
org/labs/85a7155a

If you’d like more information, or to speak with us further about this,
please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Emily

--

Emily Packer
Senior Press Officer

+44 1223 855373 <+44%201223%20855373> (office)

http://elifesciences.org