From: Jake Orlowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 3:20 PM

Access to research is a problem even for librarians or academics, even at
top research universities. The broader public suffers because of the heavy
cost of subscriptions, the obstacle course of paywalls, and the
fragmentation of publishing models.

How do we tackle this, as scholars, reference professionals, and as
individual citizens looking to understand our world and learn? We asked
that question and got hundreds of responses.

We crowdsourced over 25 different techniques to access research when you
don't have a library, license, or subscription.

The result is a comprehensive, open guide that I hope you'll find
beneficial, strategic, or enlightening. I share it in the realization that
we are all struggling for access, no matter our region, institution, or
title.

This is version 1.0! If you think it's useful, please say something about
it in your network.

You’re a Researcher Without a Library: What Do You Do?
<https://medium.com/@jakeorlowitz/youre-a-researcher-without-a-library-what-do-you-do-6811a30373cd>
*Investigating solutions for frustrated scholars, nonprofits, independent
learners, and the rest of us.*https://medium.com/@jakeorlowi
tz/youre-a-researcher-without-a-library-what-do-you-do-6811a30373cd

Best,
Jake Orlowitz
Head of the Wikipedia Library
www.wikipedialibrary.org