From: "Froehlich, Peter C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 12:03:53 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

MOOC news to share and a favor to ask: Purdue Press/Libraries will be
launching our first MOOC, this Monday—November 6th (pardon the late
notice). This MOOC is based on our Press’ bestselling title: *Creating
Moments of Joy Along the Alzheimer's Journey: A Guide for Families and
Caregivers*

The MOOC: *Creating Moments of Joy for People with Alzheimer’s
<https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/creating-moments-of-joy>*
*[https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/creating-moments-of-joy
<https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/creating-moments-of-joy>]*

The Press Release: *Purdue…offers online course to look beyond the
challenges of Alzheimer’s
<http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2017/Q4/purdue-university,-in-conjunction-with-purdue-university-press,-offers-online-course-to-look-beyond-the-challenges-of-alzheimers.html>
**[http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2017/Q4/purdue-university,-in-conjunction-with-purdue-university-press,-offers-online-course-to-look-beyond-the-challenges-of-alzheimers.html
<http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2017/Q4/purdue-university,-in-conjunction-with-purdue-university-press,-offers-online-course-to-look-beyond-the-challenges-of-alzheimers.html>]*

This MOOC-i-fi-cation of our book is made possible by Purdue University’s
partnership with UK MOOC provider, FutureLearn. Campus instructional
designers and video producers, and other resources in the UK and on campus,
all came to the fore to create the MOOC. We look forward to more
MOOC-making based on Purdue titles in the New Year.

*SPECIAL FAVOR TO ASK—ESPECIALLY OF ALL INTERNATIONAL
(UK/EU/ASIA/ISRAEL/EGYPT/AUSTRALIA/TX/SOUTH AMERICA) COLLEAGUES: *

Please do share this news/these links in your networks, with all whose
lives may be touched by the disease. The author’s approach is unique and
exceptionally helpful for families and caregivers alike.

…*& spreading the word swiftly, widely, and well would do a fellow
scholarly press/libraries team a global solid!!! *

We will run the MOOC several more times, in the coming months.

‘Massive’ thanks from the team here at Purdue!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Best,

Peter

Peter C. Froehlich, MBA

*Director, Scholarly Publishing *

M: 812-325-1229 <(812)%20325-1229> | *[log in to unmask]