From: "Meadows, Alice" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 11:05:47 -0500

Apologies for crossposting - reminder about PIDapalooza 2018

PIDs’R’Us and if they’re you, too, please join us for the second PIDapalooza
<https://pidapalooza.org/> in Girona, Spain on January 23-24, for a two-day
celebration of persistent identifiers. Together, we will do the impossible
- make a meeting about persistent identifiers and networked research fun!

Brought to you by California Digital Library, Crossref, DataCite, and
ORCID, this year’s sessions are organized around eight broad topics:

   -

   PID myths
   -

   Achieving persistence
   -

   PIDs for emerging uses
   -

   Legacy PIDs
   -

   Bridging worlds
   -

   PIDagogy
   -

   PID stories
   -

   Kinds of persistence

The program <https://pidapalooza18.sched.com/> is close to final and
there’s something for everyone - from Do Researchers Need to Care about PID
Systems?
<https://pidapalooza18.sched.com/event/Cwmj/do-researchers-need-to-care-about-pid-systems>
to Stories from the PID Roadies: Scholix
<https://pidapalooza18.sched.com/event/Cwml/stories-from-the-pid-roadies-scholix>;
and from The Bollockschain and other PID Hallucinations
<https://pidapalooza18.sched.com/event/CwnA/the-bollockschain-and-other-pid-hallucinations>
to #ResInfoCitizenshipIs?
<https://pidapalooza18.sched.com/event/Cwmk/resinfocitizenshipis#> There
will also be plenaries by Johanna McEntyre
<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-1611-6935> on As a [biologist] I want to [reuse
and remix data] so that I can [do my research]
<https://pidapalooza18.sched.com/event/CwnI/as-a-biologist-i-want-to-reuse-and-remix-data-so-that-i-can-do-my-research>
and Melissa Haendel <https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9114-8737> (title to be
confirmed).

With more than half the places already booked now’s the time to register
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pidapalooza-2018-registration-35176831851> -
we hope to see you there!

Alice Meadows
Director of Community Engagement & Support, ORCID
+1 857-559-3337 <(857)%20559-3337>
orcid.org/0000-0003-2161-3781