From: "Meadows, Alice" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 11:05:47 -0500

Apologies for crossposting - reminder about PIDapalooza 2018

PIDs’R’Us and if they’re you, too, please join us for the second PIDapalooza in Girona, Spain on January 23-24, for a two-day celebration of persistent identifiers. Together, we will do the impossible - make a meeting about persistent identifiers and networked research fun!

Brought to you by California Digital Library, Crossref, DataCite, and ORCID, this year’s sessions are organized around eight broad topics:

  • PID myths

  • Achieving persistence

  • PIDs for emerging uses

  • Legacy PIDs

  • Bridging worlds

  • PIDagogy

  • PID stories

  • Kinds of persistence

The program is close to final and there’s something for everyone - from Do Researchers Need to Care about PID Systems? to Stories from the PID Roadies: Scholix; and from The Bollockschain and other PID Hallucinations to #ResInfoCitizenshipIs? There will also be plenaries by Johanna McEntyre on As a [biologist] I want to [reuse and remix data] so that I can [do my research] and Melissa Haendel (title to be confirmed).

With more than half the places already booked now’s the time to register - we hope to see you there!

Alice Meadows
Director of Community Engagement & Support, ORCID