From: Emily Packer <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 16:23:28 +0000

Hi all,

We’re pleased to announce that eLife, in collaboration with Hypothesis, has
today introduced open annotation to enable users of its website to make
comments, highlight important sections of articles and engage with the
reading public online.

The open-source Hypothesis software has been extensively customised for use
by eLife and other publishers. New moderation features, single sign-on
authentication and user-interface customisation options now give publishers
more control over the implementation of the software on their sites, which
should result in higher-quality discussions around published scholarly
content.

Please see the full announcement here for more details:
https://elifesciences.org/for-the-press/81d42f7d/elife-
enhances-open-annotation-with-hypothesis-to-promote-
scientific-discussion-online

If you’d like more information about our work with Hypothesis, please don’t
hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Emily

--

Emily Packer
Senior Press Officer

+44 1223 855373 <+44%201223%20855373> (office)

http://elifesciences.org