From: Dominic Broadhurst <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 07:12:21 +0000

Jim

Thanks for this.   I really find resonance in your last point about
libraries engaging in this space.  This is something a number of libraries
have been doing successfully in the United Kingdom (including ourselves)
for a number of years and is something I believe can add real value to all
parties including our students, our faculty, our institutions and of course
our libraries.   My recent journal article
<https://www.research.manchester.ac.uk/portal/en/publications/the-direct-library-supply-of-individual-textbooks-to-students--examining-the-value-proposition(3372d989-40e6-4f1d-840a-511977822b16).html>
on this very topic highlights all of this (OA version available too, of
course!).

Plus happy to discuss off-line with any North American colleagues too

Bests

Dominic

Dominic Broadhurst|Academic Engagement Manager|University of Manchester
Library|University of Manchester|email: [log in to unmask]
|tel: 0161 275 6499

[image: View-my-LinkedIn-profile-from-The-Linked-In-Man]
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/dominic-broadhurst-0107567/>

*ORCID <http://orcid.org/0000-0001-8275-7688> ID*

*Read my recent journal article *

https://doi.org/10.1108/ILS-07-2017-0072