From: "Hinchliffe, Lisa W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 01:54:38 +0000

The court filing that includes the claim of the grounds for the lawsuit is linked from the IHE piece. The way I read it is that the dispute is that Cengage contracted to pay royalties using a specific approach and is now asserting a different approach that isn't in the contract (which results in lower payment to authors).  Copyright isn't the issue but rather terms of payment. With the usual "I am not a lawyer" caveat ... Lisa