From: "Jones,Caroline" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 15:08:41 +0000

*Apologies for cross-posting*

IET partners with Publons to show credibility of its peer reviewers

The IET prides itself for its research excellence and acknowledges the
critical role of expert peer review

The Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET) has announced a formal
partnership with Publons, an online platform that provides academic peer
reviewers, editors and the wider research community with a validated track
record of their work. In turn, this demonstrates the credibility of the
IET’s peer reviewers and quality of editorial contributions to its vast
database of engineering and technology journals and publications.

Through the partnership, experts who provide peer review for IET journals
can instantly add a verified record of every review performed to their
Publons profile, in full compliance with journal review policies.

Using Publons’ unique set of tools and insights, the IET can formally
acknowledge their reviewers’ contributions quickly and efficiently. This
service also provides reviewers’ recognition for their historic
contributions. When combined, past and present peer reviews tracked on
Publons offer powerful evidence for researchers — useful for promotion and
funding applications to name a few.

Discussing the new partnership, Kruna Vukmirovic, IET Publisher – Journals,
says: “Our commitment to quality content is at the core of the IET’s
journals publishing, and is only possible because of the contributions of
reviewers. Their work deserves recognition and so we are delighted to be
working with Publons to provide an innovative way for our reviewers to be
recognised for their efforts.”

Andrew Preston, Managing Director of Publons says: “Partnering with IET is
an important step in increasing recognition for researchers and their
reviewing efforts. IET’s mission aligns with ours, which is to recognize
the critical value of researchers’ past and present review contributions.
We are thrilled to be working together with IET to speed up research by
harnessing the power of peer review.”

For more details on the partnership and to see a list of participating
journals, visit the IET-Publons partnership page (
https://publons.com/in/iet/), and learn more about the benefits of Publons’
here: https://publons.com/publishers/benefits.

The IET publishes more than 30 research and letters journals offering a
wealth of research and information in a wide range of engineering and
technology fields. For more information, visit: https://www.theiet.org/
resources/journals/

***********************
About the IET

* Looking for images to accompany your engineering stories? Use the IET’s
media image library to highlight the exciting, creative and dynamic world
of engineering.

* Interview opportunities are available with IET spokespeople from a broad
range of engineering and technology disciplines including cyber-security,
energy, engineering skills, innovation, manufacturing, technology,
transport and women in engineering.

* The IET is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with over
168,000 members in 150 countries. It is also the most interdisciplinary –
to reflect the increasingly diverse nature of engineering in the 21st
century. Energy, transport, manufacturing, information and communications,
and the built environment: the IET covers them all.

* The IET publishes more than 30 research and letters journals and over 500
books across engineering disciplines.

* The IET’s flagship A&I database, Inspec, is globally renowned as a source
of essential research in the fields of engineering, physics and computer
science.

* The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and
influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are
touched by, or touch, the work of engineers.

* We want to build the profile of engineering and change outdated
perceptions about engineering in order to tackle the skills gap. This
includes encouraging more women to become engineers and growing the number
of engineering apprentices.

* For more information, visit www.theiet.org

****************
About Publons

Publons works with researchers, publishers and research institutions to
speed up science and research by harnessing the power of peer review.
Publons, founded in 2013 and now part of Clarivate Analytics, has offices
in Wellington, New Zealand and London, UK. For more information, please
visit: publons.com

Follow Publons on Facebook and Twitter:
https://twitter.com/publons
https://www.facebook.com/publons

----

Caroline Jones
Strategic Market Manager, Academia

T:  +44 (0)1438 767 238
E: [log in to unmask]

Visit our website www.theiet.org
Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn

Michael Faraday House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage, SG1 2AY, United Kingdom