From: Dominic Broadhurst <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:11:10 +0000

Hello

We have a good idea of libraries in the UK who are involved in this textbook activity, but I too would love to know more about which of our US Library colleagues are either working in or interested in this field.   The greater the level of activity the more leverage we can bring in terms of pricing, access etc. and actively shape the service proposition to best interests of our stakeholders including students, faculty and institutions

Am also happy to discuss UK experience with any colleagues

Bests

Dominic

Dominic Broadhurst|Academic Engagement Manager|University of Manchester Library|University of Manchester|email: [log in to unmask]ac.uk |tel: 0161 275 6499

Read my recent journal article

The direct library supply of individual textbooks to students: examining the value proposition

https://doi.org/10.1108/ILS-07-2017-0072

From: JJE Esposito <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 16:08:00 -0400

I had three separate conversations about "inclusive access" for textbooks this week, and am now wondering if there is a rising tide. For background on inclusive access, I refer you to my blog post of last year:

Also look at Dominic Broadhurst's paper on this topic:

Is anybody keeping track of how many institutions are working on inclusive access programs and whether the library is involved?

Joe Esposito

--

Joseph J. Esposito
@josephjesposito