From: "Taylor, Anneliese" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 04:51:19 +0000

*Cross-posted message ---*

All,

We are thrilled to announce that registration is now live
<https://cp2oa18.com/> for the Choosing Pathways to OA working forum.

We have updated the forum website, www.cp2oa18.com, with additional details
on travel, accommodations, accessibility, and more—and will be building
these out more robustly over the next few weeks.

While we develop the forum schedule more precisely, we have in the interim
added additional information about forum structure, which we’d like to call
your attention to here:

The forum structure and agenda will be based on design thinking
<https://dschool-old.stanford.edu/sandbox/groups/designresources/wiki/36873/attachments/74b3d/ModeGuideBOOTCAMP2010L.pdf>
cultivate discourse and a solutions-based approach. The goal is to
facilitate participants’ abilities to understand and assess which OA
strategies might be appropriate for repurposing spends at their own
institutions, to engage participants in exploring insights shared by others
about the implications of implementing those strategies, and to support
participants in outlining or developing their own action plans for their
institution or author community.

As the forum will not include presentations in the traditional sense, but
instead will be based around discourse, we are engaging facilitators rather
than speakers to help guide discussions on given OA publishing strategies.
Please check the Facilitators <https://cp2oa18.com/details/facilitators/> page
of our website in the coming weeks for more information.

This overall information-sharing and discussion-centered format strives to
achieve a balance between deeper engagement with the OA strategies and
meaningful opportunities to frame or advance along next steps–including
through alignment or partnership with similarly-interested institutions or
communities.  As we also hope is clear from the *Pathways* toolkit and
our About
page <https://cp2oa18.com/about/>, the forum will give voice to strategies
within all OA approaches, with the understanding that each institution or
author community might wish to support a range of strategies and approaches.

If you have any questions, please contact [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,

The CP2OA Planning Committee

Rachael Samberg (UCB) Co-chair

Maria Gould (UCB) Co-chair