From: Lindsay McKenzie <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 14:18:24 +0000

I reported some numbers from publishers on IA programs here (Nov 2017):

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/11/07/inclusive-
access-takes-model-college-textbook-sales

Didn’t ask about library involvement – it’s  a good question. My sense is
that publishers are trying to target faculty directly.

*Lindsay McKenzie*

Technology Reporter

Inside Higher Ed

@lindsay_mck <https://twitter.com/lindsay_mck>

From: JJE Esposito <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 13:33:57 -0400

I think inclusive access will outstrip OER, just as Gold OA has outstripped
Green OA. A reasonable business model is a good thing to have on your side.

I received an offline (hence anonymous to this list) comment from someone
who has been surveying the field. This individual believes that about 10
percent (roughly 400) U.S. institutions now have inclusive access programs
in place. It would be great to be able to verify the number. Other open
questions: how many of these programs are run out of the library, and (the
big one) what is the rate of faculty adoption?

Joe Esposito