From: Rick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:19:49 +0000

Those are good questions, but I don’t know the answers. There’s no question that the student savings would have been quite a bit higher if these professors had all adopted OERs.

Just to be clear: I’m not shilling for the inclusive access model here, just responding to Joe’s question. Like all access models, inclusive access is less than perfect.

---

Rick Anderson

Assoc. Dean for Collections & Scholarly Communication

Marriott Library, University of Utah

Desk: (801) 587-9989

Cell: (801) 721-1687

From: "Holland, Claudia" <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:56:26 +0000

Just curious, Rick, how many students received these savings and how much savings would there have been, had there been a switch to totally open resources? Not knocking the $400k savings, mind you.

Thanks,

Claudia Holland