From: adam hodgkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:55:30 +0200

This is indeed a very important and interesting proclamation.

The last sentence caught my eye - and may be a partial answer to Rick's questtiion:

"At the same time, we will continue to monitor the landscape for promising new publishing initiatives and approaches in which to invest."

I am curious as to the new publishing initiatives in which the CDL will be willing to invest. And I wonder whether annually priced subscriptions for content are ruled out -- eg for not obviously or purely academic content: poetry, fiction, art, some types of reference publishing etc.

Adam