From: Roger Schonfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:58:43 +0000

Jim, Thanks so much for calling attention to this work.  It’s been a challenging and rewarding collaboration to build the protocols and infrastructure that allowed us to gather these data from many dozens of institutions.  We’d love to hear reactions and suggestions about additional analyses we can conduct with these data as well, which stand to offer value both to libraries interested in comparing their acquisitions practices with peer institutions and for publishers interested in how their materials are acquired.

Our next report, which will be out later this year, will also include data from a second LSP and many dozens more institutions, which we hope will help to round out our sample.  Academic libraries in the US that use WMS or Alma, which have not already participated in the data gathering, are most welcome to join.  It is extremely easy to participate, so please contact me directly.

Finally, let me acknowledge and thank Katherine Daniel, an analyst at Ithaka S+R who is the first author on the paper, and the Mellon Foundation, which has supported this research.

Very best,

Roger

Roger C. Schonfeld‪
Director, Library and Scholarly Communication Program
Ithaka S+R‪

Twitter: @rschon
Email:

Tel: 212.500.2338