From: Valerie Yaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 11:15 AM

I’m pleased to share the news that Portico and the National Library of
the Netherlands (Koninklijke Bibliotheek or KB) have partnered to
establish an online replica of the Portico archive to be hosted by the
KB.  This provides Portico's library and publisher supporters around
the world with additional assurance of the long-term safeguarding of
the content we preserve. Portico also has an online replica of the
archive hosted in the U.S. and another in cloud storage.

This work is an extension of a long history of collaboration between
Portico and the KB.  For more than a decade, we have worked together
to form and implement digital preservation principles and practices,
to research the handling of digital preservation formats, and to
develop automated workflows. The partnership with the KB also extends
Portico's work with national libraries. Portico is increasingly called
upon by national libraries to provide preservation expertise and
infrastructure, including a longstanding partnership with the British
Library to help meet UK legal deposit mandates.

If you have any questions, please let me know.  To stay updated on
Portico preservation news and trigger events, visit our website and
scroll down to sign up for the quarterly newsletter.

Thank you, and best wishes,

Valerie

Valerie Yaw
Assistant Marketing Director, ITHAKA