From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 08:32:24 +0000

Dear all – just to clarify:

De Gruyter is in the process of removing a number of open access journals from our platform. The 70 journals in question are former De Gruyter Open journals from the “Emerging Science Journals Program”.

It is common practice to evaluate the success of all journals after a period and the decision to discontinue the journals was taken after they failed to thrive due to the narrowness of their scope. The majority of these journals contained only a few articles.

Since we are part of Portico, the content of these journals will not be lost, and will be findable on the Portico website. A “trigger event” to this effect was announced by Portico on 5 September 2018, which can be read here:  https://www.portico.org/news/portico-access-alert-de-gruyter/.

The removal of these journals does not indicate a change in De Gruyter’s open access strategy. We publish almost 1000 journals, with half of these being open access journals, and we remain firmly committed to increasing the share of our open access content for both journals and books.

Best regards,

Eric

Eric Merkel-Sobotta
Vice President, Communications & External Affairs

DE GRUYTER
Genthiner Str. 13
10785 Berlin, Germany
T +49 (0)30.260 05-304
F +49 (0)30.260 05-100
eric.merkel-sobotta[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">@degruyter.com
www.degruyter.com

Walter de Gruyter GmbH. Genthiner Str. 13. 10785 Berlin
Domicile Berlin. Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 143490 B. Rechtsform: GmbH
Managing Director: Carsten Buhr
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Rüdiger Gebauer

From: Valerie Yaw <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 12:47:40 +0000

I’m pleased to share the news that 70 Open Access e-journals formerly hosted through De Gruyter are now available through the Portico archive. The content includes titles published by De Gruyter Poland as well as six publishers in Poland, Lithuania, and the Czech Republic. Download the full title list, which includes the metadata and URL for each journal.

The content for these titles is no longer available through any online platform; therefore, it has “triggered” and is available to the community via the Portico archive. These titles were originally published on an Open Access basis, and will remain Open Access through Portico.

To date, Portico has had 118 trigger events—96 of them Open Access.  We continue to serve the academic community by ensuring that valuable scholarly content is accessible in perpetuity.  Portico currently preserves more than 1.5 billion files, and works with over 1,000 participating libraries and 500 participating publishers from around the world.

If you have any questions, please let me know.  To stay updated on Portico preservation news and trigger events, visit our website and scroll down to sign up for the quarterly newsletter.

Thank you, and best wishes,

Valerie

Valerie Yaw

Assistant Marketing Director, ITHAKA