From: David Prosser <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 10:01:29 +0000

Is this what the kids these days call whataboutery?  “Yeah, you’re talking
about Elsevier, but what about Verizon?"

David

From: JJE Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 20:53:34 -0500

Doesn't "monopoly" mean "one"? The complaint specifically states that other
companies behave as Elsevier does and should be held to account. How can
you have a monopoly of 3-6 players? I'm all for breaking up big companies,
but can't we begin with something really big? My nominee is Verizon, but I
have an open mind about AT&T, United Airlines (yeah!), and Google. Your
nominee here: _________.

Meanwhile, one of the authors of the complaint (Brembs) apparently supports
Sci-Hub:

https://twitter.com/brembs/status/1059367717403267077

When we march for a cause, we should look to either side to see who is
marching with us.

Joe Esposito