From: "Martincik, Lisa L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 15:53:33 +0000

Answers below in *red*.

Lisa

----------------

Lisa Martincik     [log in to unmask]

Interim Head, Acquisitions

University of Iowa Libraries      52242

319.384.0648       www.lib.uiowa.edu

Pronouns: she, her, hers

*From:* LibLicense-L Discussion Forum <[log in to unmask]> *On
Behalf Of *LIBLICENSE
*Sent:* Monday, November 19, 2018 8:04 PM
*To:* [log in to unmask]
*Subject:* Authority for signing licenses questions

From: Christina Geuther <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 19:50:29 +0000

We are examining our licensing practice and had these questions we would
request you please respond to Christina Geuther directly at [log in to unmask]
:

1)       Is there a monetary cap that changes your procedures in licensing
library electronic resources at your university? If so, please explain.

*If so, we’ve yet to encounter it.*

2)       Who has signatoree authority at your university library? Or do
your licenses first proceed to General Counsel directly?

*Any document requiring a signature must be sent to our Purchasing
department for review and signing. We negotiate beforehand so usually all
they have to do is sign.*

Thank you for your time and participation.

Christina Geuther, MDiv, MLIS

Electronic Resources Librarian & Assistant Professor

Kansas State University Libraries, Unger T200