From: "Martincik, Lisa L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 15:53:33 +0000

Answers below in red.

Lisa

----------------

Lisa Martincik     [log in to unmask]

Interim Head, Acquisitions

University of Iowa Libraries      52242

319.384.0648       www.lib.uiowa.edu

Pronouns: she, her, hers

From: LibLicense-L Discussion Forum <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of LIBLICENSE
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 8:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Authority for signing licenses questions

From: Christina Geuther <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 19:50:29 +0000

We are examining our licensing practice and had these questions we would request you please respond to Christina Geuther directly at [log in to unmask]:

1)       Is there a monetary cap that changes your procedures in licensing library electronic resources at your university? If so, please explain.

If so, we’ve yet to encounter it.

2)       Who has signatoree authority at your university library? Or do your licenses first proceed to General Counsel directly?

Any document requiring a signature must be sent to our Purchasing department for review and signing. We negotiate beforehand so usually all they have to do is sign.

Thank you for your time and participation.

Christina Geuther, MDiv, MLIS

Electronic Resources Librarian & Assistant Professor

Kansas State University Libraries, Unger T200