From: Michelle Polchow <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 22:46:57 +0000

Hi Chris,

I suggest contacting the newly formed crowdsourcing organization, Academic Libraries Video Trust.

https://videotrust.org/

Contact -- [log in to unmask]

Best,

Michelle

Michelle Polchow
Electronic Resources Librarian

University of California, Davis

100 North West Quad
Davis, CA 95616-5292

530-752-1208

From: Christopher Marcum <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 09:17:26 -0800

Hi everyone,

My library has dozens of VHS tapes that are licensed duplications of content previously acquired in other formats or copied directly off air in the 80s and early 90s. For many of these we have duplication licenses that do not clearly address our right to duplicate these tapes in a new format once their current format becomes obsolete. For others, we are unable to locate the duplication license.

Does anyone have any advice on how we might proceed with transferring this content to DVD when we can not find the license to duplicate or the license to duplicate is otherwise unclear on our right to update the format?

Thanks for you time and consideration. Sincerely, Chris

Christopher D. Marcum

Access and Outreach Services Librarian

Liaison to Department of History

Helen K. and James S. Copley Library