From: "Reller, Tom (ELS-NYC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 12:52:13 +0000

I addressed this article as follows on Twitter when it first came out:

ScienceGuide has it wrong: Nearly all of our 20,000 handling editors are compensated for their fantastic work and conversations about the right amount occur all the time. There is nothing particular about that now in the context of ‘flipping’ journals.

-Tom Reller

Tom Reller

Vice President, Communications

ELSEVIER | Global Communications

Twitter: @TomReller

From: leo waaijers <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 19:11:00 +0100

For those who think that Elsevier, positioning itself as an information analytics company, might be less interested in individual journals the following article might be revealing.

https://www.scienceguide.nl/2018/12/elsevier-willing-to-compensate-editors-to-prevent-them-from-flipping/

Leo Waaijers