From: "Mittermaier, Bernhard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 07:59:52 +0000

Dear all,

I agree with Bernd-Christoph Kämper and can confirm that the current
subscription volume played a role for both sides in judging any offer- for
DEAL as an upper limit and for Wiley as a lower limit. So no wonder that
€2750 times the anticipated article number is close to the current
subscription volume. While Wiley thinks (or says, at least), that the
volume is slightly above the current volume, DEAL rather thinks the
opposite. But nobody can really predict because the final volume will
depend on the article uptake.

With regard to the ongoing negotiation with SpringerNature and the
sometime-to-be-restarted negotiation with Elsevier, rather the PAR fee of
€2750 is considered as the essential point than the current subscription
volumes with these publishers.

Best,
Bernhard Mittermaier

Dr. Bernhard Mittermaier
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Leiter der Zentralbibliothek / Head of the Central Library
52425 Jülich
Tel  ++49-2461-613013
Fax ++49-2461-616103