From: Elise Bergeron <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Hello,

With the start of the Winter term, I would like to share some more
information about our independent journal collection. We are proud to say
that Érudit <http://bit.ly/2MpoJvx>, a non-commercial Canadian
dissemination platform, now includes more than *185,000 journal articles*
in the social sciences and humanities.

→ Discover our journals <http://bit.ly/2Du4tpP>

*A Partnership Supporting Open Access for SSH Scholarly Journals*

With our strategic partner the Public Knowledge Project (PKP
<http://bit.ly/2UaY9sJ>)—another non-commercial Canadian organization—we
are helping SSH journals make the transition towards sustainable open
access through an *innovative model *called the *Partnership for Open
Access*.

→ Find out more about the Partnership for OA <http://bit.ly/2Ivl3c8>

*Access to a Unique Collection of Canadian Journals*

Of our 145 SSH peer-reviewed journals, 54 now publish in immediate open
access—and we are working hard to increase this number! The archives of all
our journals are freely accessible online, meaning that over *95% of our
content is open access*.

*Érudit and the UK: A Few Facts*

   - Érudit received more than *230,000 visits* from UK users in 2018.
   - There are many *highly-cited UK authors* published on Érudit, for
   example:
      - Christina Schäffner, Emeritus Professor of Translation Studies at
      Aston University, Birmingham, published in *Meta: Translators’
      Journal*;
      - Colin C. Williams, Professor of Public Policy at the University of
      Sheffield, published in *Industrial Relations*;
      - Lorraine Radford, Professor of Social Policy and Social Work at
      University of Central Lancashire, published in *Criminologie*.

*Be part of the movement*

Thanks to the ongoing efforts of the Canadian research community, we are
building a new publishing model based on the *collaboration between
university libraries and scholarly journals*. Our *Partnership for Open
Access* is currently expanding internationally, and now includes French and
Belgian libraries.

Together, we can redefine the power dynamic in the field of scholarly
publishing in support of a free circulation of knowledge.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like more information.

Best regards,

Élise

Élise Bergeron

Directrice des opérations