From: Elise Bergeron <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Hello,

With the start of the Winter term, I would like to share some more information about our independent journal collection. We are proud to say that Érudit, a non-commercial Canadian dissemination platform, now includes more than 185,000 journal articles in the social sciences and humanities.

Discover our journals

A Partnership Supporting Open Access for SSH Scholarly Journals

With our strategic partner the Public Knowledge Project (PKP)—another non-commercial Canadian organization—we are helping SSH journals make the transition towards sustainable open access through an innovative model called the Partnership for Open Access.

→ Find out more about the Partnership for OA

Access to a Unique Collection of Canadian Journals

Of our 145 SSH peer-reviewed journals, 54 now publish in immediate open access—and we are working hard to increase this number! The archives of all our journals are freely accessible online, meaning that over 95% of our content is open access.

Érudit and the UK: A Few Facts

  • Érudit received more than 230,000 visits from UK users in 2018.
  • There are many highly-cited UK authors published on Érudit, for example:
    • Christina Schäffner, Emeritus Professor of Translation Studies at Aston University, Birmingham, published in Meta: Translators’ Journal;
    • Colin C. Williams, Professor of Public Policy at the University of Sheffield, published in Industrial Relations;
    • Lorraine Radford, Professor of Social Policy and Social Work at University of Central Lancashire, published in Criminologie.

Be part of the movement

Thanks to the ongoing efforts of the Canadian research community, we are building a new publishing model based on the collaboration between university libraries and scholarly journals. Our Partnership for Open Access is currently expanding internationally, and now includes French and Belgian libraries.

Together, we can redefine the power dynamic in the field of scholarly publishing in support of a free circulation of knowledge.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like more information.

Best regards,

Élise

Élise Bergeron

Directrice des opérations