From: "Loder, Julie L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 15:50:33 +0000

We have not, but would be very interesting in hearing more from others.
Thanks for mentioning this.

Julie

From: "Rupp Serrano, Karen J." <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 20:44:15 +0000

Colleagues,

The University of Oklahoma has been contacted by our new Chem Abstracts
Service rep about SciFinder-n.  CAS says that SciFinder will be sunsetted
and SciFinder-n replaces it, but they are not providing a date for the
sunsetting.

We have an offer before us to move to SciFinder-n with no increase but a
short window to respond.  Access to SciFinder and SciFinder-n would run
concurrently in year one.

CAS says that the new product includes some modules that are currently an
additional cost to SciFinder:  PatentPak, MethodsNow (step-by-step
synthetic procedures), and Retrosynthesis (facilitates reverse engineering
of reactions).  Also new workflow features.  SciFinder-n has been out for
over a year in industry, so they are clearly moving on to the academic
market.

Anybody have any experience with the new product, anybody getting a similar
contact from CAS, anybody have any comments to make or advice to provide?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

*Karen Rupp-Serrano*

Associate Dean | University of Oklahoma Libraries | 405.325.9142