From: Ginny Hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 12:31:22 +0100

Hi, this is likely coming to you via several listserv postings; apologies
for duplication.

The FORCE2019 meeting, taking place in Edinburgh this October 15-17, has
announced their first two keynote speakers:

*Rachel Bruce* is Head of Open Science at UK Research and Innovation (UKRI
<https://www.ukri.org/>); and *Arfon Smith* is the Editor-in-Chief of
the Journal
of Open Source Software <http://joss.theoj.org/> and Head of the Data
Science Mission Office at the Space Telescope Science Institute
<http://www.stsci.edu/> in Baltimore.

They’ll address themes in infrastructure and promoting open research

If you’ve never been to FORCE before, it’s a unique and collaborative
meeting. It brings together multiple communities to discuss improving the
ways scholarly and scientific information is communicated, shared and used.

"I can't think of a better conference for meeting smart people focused on
designing and building the future of scholarly infrastructure – that's why
FORCE is so special." – Arfon Smith

Some links here for extra info:

   - Conference website
   <https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2019/speakers/keynote-presenters>
   - Registration <https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2019> (early bird
   fee until end August)
   - Sponsorship opportunities
   <https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2019/sponsorship-opportunities>
   - Keep in touch on Slack <https://force11slack.herokuapp.com/>, via
   email alerts <http://eepurl.com/dv1rm5>, or via twitter @force11rescomm
   <https://twitter.com/force11rescomm>

The full program will be announced later in the year with themes including:
who are the trailblazers; promoting open research; infrastructure for
research comms; and what skills do we need for transforming the scholarly
community.

Come along and you’ll likely meet some new collaborators!

Best wishes,
Ginny Hendricks
(on behalf of the FORCE2019 team)