From: Dominic Broadhurst <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 12:50:25 +0000

Dear All

You may be interested in the latest edition of Against The Grain which focuses on some of the latest developments in digital textbooks.  It features a range of perspectives including,

  • An introduction, from yours truly, including my summary assessment of recent issues within the digital textbook landscape
  • Three different perspectives from libraries heavily involved in supplying digital textbooks directly to their students including University of Sussex, University of Plymouth and the University of Manchester
  • A publisher perspective on issues facing the textbook sector
  • Potential opportunities from an Open Educational Resources perspective
  • Opportunities afforded from digital by one of sectors leading players
  • A unique student perspective from a leasing industry consultant

You can also keep up to date on latest comments via social media using hashtag #atgdigitaltextbooks

Best wishes

Dominic

Dominic Broadhurst|Academic Engagement Manager|University of Manchester Library|University of Manchester|email: [log in to unmask] |tel: 0161 276 1886

View-my-LinkedIn-profile-from-The-Linked-In-Man

ORCID ID

Read my recent journal article

The direct library supply of individual textbooks to students: examining the value proposition

https://doi.org/10.1108/ILS-07-2017-0072