From: Christina Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 14:22:23 +0000

** apologies for cross posting **

Dear all,

There is increasing discussion amongst institutions, publishers, and funders about open access for books. However, we know from speaking to our authors, and from our recent survey, The Future of OA Books, that many researchers still feel ill-informed about open access books.

Therefore we are holding two events in the US with the aim to provide an introduction to OA books for academics who are keen to learn more, and to provide an open forum for questions and debate.

I’d be grateful if you could help share some information with your researcher networks about these events in September in New York and Boston.

---

Explore open access books: events for researchers and book authors in New York and Boston

Springer Nature is holding two free multidisciplinary events for researchers and scholarly book authors in September 2019, exploring how open access can help make the most out of research.

Topics include:

- Why should academics publish an open access book?

- A funder’s perspective of open access books

- Author case studies showcasing OA book authors’ experiences

New York: Monday 16 September 12pm - 4.30pm followed by networking drinks

Boston: Co-hosted by Digital Science, Thursday 19 September 1.30pm - 5pm followed by networking drinks

More info: http://bit.ly/2P5C1SX

---

Thanks for your help,

Christina Emery
Open access books – marketing manager at Springer Nature