From: Lila Angeline Ohler <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 14:58:30 -0400

*Please help us with a study examining academic library attitudes and
initiatives around the Big Deal and Open Access!*

You are invited to participate in a research study identifying academic
library trends with respect to staffing, organizational structure, and
communication strategies related to sustainable academic journal pricing
and open access initiatives.  Our research will attempt to answer the
following question: In the aftermath of the recently publicized breakups
between academic libraries and academic journal publishers over renewal of
“big deal” journal contracts, are academic libraries consciously planning
for, or already making the pivot, to supporting open access initiatives as
an alternative to traditional scholarly publishing practices?

The survey [https://kstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_23oiytTadbsQC57] will
remain open until *Wednesday September 25 * and we welcome responses from
academic libraries of any size or focus.

Should you have any questions or concerns about this survey, please feel
free to contact either or both of the researchers:  L. Angie Ohler (
[log in to unmask] | 301.405.9308) and Joelle Pitts ([log in to unmask] |
785.532.3521).

 *L. Angie Ohler*

*Director of Collection Services*

*University of Maryland Libraries*

*2207 McKeldin Library*

*7649 Library Lane*

*College Park, Maryland 20742*

*301.405.9308   [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*

*ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0002-3832-7573
<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3832-7573>*