From: "Brundy, Curtis T [LIB]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 18:13:03 +0000

Cross-posting to share some good news.

I'm delighted to report that the Iowa State Faculty Senate unanimously
passed a resolution this week endorsing the library's Principles for
Advancing Openness Through Journal Negotiations. The Principles prioritize
agreements that advance openness, transparency, and financial
sustainability. It took a year for the Principles to be developed, refined,
and wended through library committees and administration, our Library
Advisory Committee, and finally the Faculty Senate. Great conversations
were had and buy-in achieved all along the way. I'd be happy to visit about
the principles and/or the process in moving them forward. Feel free to get
in touch.

Principles for Advancing Openness Through Journal Negotiations
https://lib.dr.iastate.edu/cos_reports/1

Library news item about the Senate resolution
bit.ly/2J3r4f2<https://bit.ly/2J3r4f2>

Curtis

Curtis Brundy
Associate University Librarian for Scholarly Communications and Collections
[Inline image 1]
University Library<http://www.lib.iastate.edu/>
203 Parks Library
701 Morrill Road
Ames, IA 50011
P: 515-294-7563
Pronouns: he/him

[ORCID iD icon]orcid.org/0000-0003-3681-675X<
https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3681-675X>