From: Gary Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 10:44 AM

EBSCO Releases Serials Price Projection Report for 2020

"Each year, EBSCO surveys a wide range of publishers and reviews historical
serials pricing data in order to provide our customers with serials price
projections to assist them in budgeting for the upcoming renewal season.
While the serials price forecasts are based upon careful analysis, we
recommend customers exercise caution when using these projections as they
rely on historical trends and current estimates."

[SNIP]

"At the time of writing, we expect the overall effective publisher price
increases for academic and academic medical libraries for 2020 (before any
currency impact) to be in the range of 5 to 6 percent for individual
titles. It’s also important to note the importance of e-journal packages in
the information marketplace. With EBSCO transacting almost 20,000 e-journal
packages annually and more than half of our sales turnover from e-journal
packages, we expect the overall average price increase for e-journal
packages, including provisions for mandatory takeover titles, upgrades,
etc. to be in the range of 4 to 5 percent."

https://www.ebscohost.com/promoMaterials/2020_EBSCO_Serials_Price_Projections.pdf

__gary

Gary D. Price, MLIS
Co-Founder and Editor, Library Journal's infoDOCKET
Information Industry Analyst
Librarian

http://infoDOCKET.com
@infodocket