From: "Hersh, Gemma (ELS-LOW)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 16:38:42 +0000

We confirm that we are exploring with Elsevier about services that contribute to increased knowledge of Dutch (open) science system. There is joint agreement that the universities remain the owner of scientific output, both articles and data, and of associated metadata.

We will always decide what third parties such as Elsevier can and cannot do with this (meta)data. Discussions are ongoing, if there is an outcome it will of course be made public. Until then we appreciate all responses. No irreversible steps, options open for whatever result.

https://twitter.com/deVSNU/status/1192083387076562944

Ver. Universiteiten

@deVSNU

 Gemma Hersh