From: Stephanie Ologan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 22:55:22 +0000

https://communications.elsevier.com/res/elsevier_uk/7a391ec1f3da43ab92b265d7ca27de30.png

The Future of Research:

Drivers and Scenarios for the Next Decade

What will research look like 10 years from now? Let’s explore this together on November 20th at the SMC Campus Center at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB). Based on the study, “Research Futures: Drivers and Scenarios for the Next Decade,” by Elsevier and Ipsos MORI, this event will look at the future of research envisioned by the study plus a series of panels with perspectives from researchers, postdocs and PhD students, and funders.

PANELS and SPEAKERS

Welcome and Introductions
Ann Gabriel, Elsevier

Intro to the Research Futures Report
Adrian Mulligan, Elsevier

Session 1: Faculty Researchers Panel
Susan Dorsey, UMB School of Nursing
Elizabeth Nichols, UMB School of Medicine
Peter Swaan, UMB School of Pharmacy
Randall Reed, JHU School of Medicine

Session 2: Early Career/Future Researchers Panel
Eryn Dixon, UMB School of Medicine
Raj Loganathan, JHU School of Medicine
Ramon Martinez, UMB School of Pharmacy
Sarvenaz Sarabipour, JHU Institute for Computational Medicine

Keynote
Jessie A. DeAro, NSF

Session 3: Funders Panel
Claire Broido Johnson, Momentum Fund
Jessie DeAro, NSF
Michael Huerta, NIH

Breakout Session, wrap-up, and networking event to follow.

Breakfast and Lunch will be served.

Brought to you by the Health Sciences and Human Services Library at UMB, the Welch Medical Library at Johns Hopkins University (JHU), Elsevier, and the Institutes for Clinical and Translational Research at both UMB and JHU.

We hope you will join us as we gaze into the future of the research enterprise.

To register and to receive updates on the event, please click here or copy and paste the following link into your browser: https://for.hshsl.umaryland.edu.

https://communications.elsevier.com/res/elsevier_uk/5c16bf1f8683fedd2041789ab929fb8f.png

https://communications.elsevier.com/res/elsevier_uk/6482990213c4b55be66ba29c5a830962.png