From: Ann Shumelda Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 10:13:44 -0500

The Second Digital Transformation of Scholarly Publishing: Strategic Context and Shared Infrastructure was published today (Jan. 29. 2024) by Ithaka S+R.

In a report published today, with funding from STM Solutions and five STM members, we argue that a robust, nimble, and shared infrastructure is imperative to support the vital work of scholarly communication and effectively and efficiently meet the emerging service needs of different stakeholders. In the report, we review several key categories of existing infrastructure, such as identifiers and enterprise publishing systems, and offer recommendations about how they can be improved to address key needs. In addition, we identify several categories where new forms of shared infrastructure should be developed, offering specific recommendations for each.....

More at:

https://sr.ithaka.org/blog/shared-infrastructure-for-the-second-digital-transformation-of-scholarly-publishing/

Report here:

https://sr.ithaka.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/SR-Report-Second-Digital-Transformation-of-Scholarly-Publishing-01292024.pdf