From: Elizabeth Berney <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 16:00:11 +0000

Kansas State University is looking for a new electronic resources
librarian.  We are looking for a dynamic, creative, tech savvy person who
can look outside of the spreadsheet.  K-State does their collection
development a bit differently than most.  We have a team of collection
strategists who curate, purchase, and evaluate all materials including
print, media, and anything electronic.  The e-resources librarian does not
have to do cost per use analysis (that is the collection strategy job).
Instead they make sure everything runs and is easy to be located.

Our position is tenure track, and provides ample support to assistant
librarians until they get tenure.  We believe everyone should succeed.

Hale Library is nearly new after a fire 5 years ago.  The building was
completely gutted and remodeled.  Staff have only been back in the library
for 2 years.  It is a beautiful library filled with light and open space.
We were highlighted in American Libraries 2022 Library Design Showcase -
https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/2022/09/01/2022-library-design-showcase/

Manhattan Kansas (affectionately called the Little Apple) is a very nice
middle size, college city of about 50k residents.  The town is amazing in
its number of attractions for citizens: 3 very good museums including an
art and the Flint Hills Discovery Center (science), a zoo!, the town has 12
parks with multiple soccer, basketball, and baseball fields, tracks, and
hiking trails.  The parks and rec provides 3 HUGE outdoor pools (one of
which has a full size water park).  If you enjoy outdoor sports there are a
lot of options including the Flint Hills National Wildlife Refuge with
wonderful walking trails.  There are two downtowns – one adjacent to the
university  and another near the courthouse.

Manhattan is in a lovely location surrounded by the very green, Flint
Hills.  2 hours to Kansas City, Wichita, and Lincoln NE.  The weather is 6a
and 6b growing zones with lower humidity than all the east coast.

Consider Kansas.  Join us in Kansas State University Libraries!

https://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/516868