From: Ann Shumelda Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 21:51:38 -0400

Generative AI and Scholarly Publishing: new Ithaka research project

Rapidly changing user needs and expectations, the potential of generative AI to mitigate stubborn systemic challenges in the scholarly publishing industry, and an awareness of the risks generative AI poses to expert knowledge demand that we find time for deep reflection about what generative AI means for scholarly publishing as a sector and its value as a component of the shared infrastructure that supports scholarly and scientific research and communications.

To help, Ithaka S+R is launching a new study of the strategic implications of generative AI for scholarly publishing, with support from STM Solutions and a group of its members. The following key questions will guide our inquiry:

More here: