From: Iratxe Puebla <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 10:50:12 +0000

Dear all,

I wanted to share with you an important milestone as part of the Make Data
Count initiative and our work toward enabling evaluation of data usage: the
first release of the Data Citation Corpus
<https://doi.org/10.60804/r14z-mw10>.

The lack of a centralized resource for citations to datasets has hindered
the evaluation of how open data is being used. To address this gap,
DataCite, supported by the Wellcome Trust, is working to develop the Data
Citation Corpus, a resource that stores data citations from a diverse set
of sources, and enables evaluation of data usage by the community. Thanks
to the collaboration between DataCite and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative,
the corpus brings together for the first time citations for datasets with
DOIs and accession numbers. The first release of the corpus includes over
eight million data citations, available to the community via a data
citation store and an interactive dashboard.

I invite you to join our *webinar on February 22* to learn more about the
first release of the Data Citation Corpus, and ways in which you can engage
with the project. Register for the webinar here:
https://datacite.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fm2O1BqxRomjXzkgPWLhaQ#/registration
.

Kind regards,

Iratxe

*Iratxe Puebla | Director, Make Data Count <https://makedatacount.org/> |
DataCite*
*she, her | **time zone*
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/#!cities=1234>
*E*: *[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>* |
https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1258-0746
*W*: *datacite.org* <https://datacite.org/> *|* *Blog*
<https://blog.datacite.org/> *| **Twitter* <https://twitter.com/datacite> |
*LinkedIn* <https://www.linkedin.com/company/datacite>
*Support Desk* <[log in to unmask]> *|* *Support Site*
<https://support.datacite.org/> *|* *PID Forum* <https://www.pidforum.org/>
*A*: DataCite -- Welfengarten 1B, 30167 Hannover, Germany