From: Emily Packer <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 15:23:02 +0000

[With apologies for cross-posting]

Dear All,

I thought some of you here might be interested in this update from eLife that looks back at the first year of our new publishing model, reflecting on the key milestones, achievements and lessons learned during this time.

We launched our new model in January 2023, combining the speed and transparency of preprints with the expert scrutiny and evaluation of peer review. In doing so, we looked to reshape the purpose of a journal by publishing everything we review as a Reviewed Preprint.

You can explore the first year of our new model in numbers here: https://elifesciences.org/inside-elife/66d43597/elife-s-new-model-one-year-on

Our editorial leadership has also taken this opportunity to reflect on the first year and look forward to the road ahead in our latest Editorial, which you can read at https://elifesciences.org/articles/96413.

If you'd like any further info about any of this, please let me know.

With best wishes,

Emily

Emily Packer (she/her)

Media Relations Manager

Monday–Friday, 9am–5.30pm UK time

T: +44 1223 855373

*The eLife media policy encourages authors to share and discuss their preprints at any time and indicates that we do not release content under embargo.*

elifesciences.org