From: Christine Orr <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 19:22:13 +0000

WASHINGTON, D.C. – A newly curated collection of more than 200 eBooks will
be available on the BioOne Digital Library <https://bioone.org/> in 2024
through an extension of BioOne’s partnership with CSIRO Publishing, an
editorially independent business unit of CSIRO, Australia’s National
Science Agency.

Through this collaboration BioOne will make available a specialized
collection of CSIRO Publishing catalog titles specifically selected to
complement BioOne’s areas of focus, invaluable resources for environmental,
plant and animal scientists, and researchers, practitioners, and students
in related disciplines. The strength of this eBook curation is the
diversity of content relevant to BioOne customers, covering decades of
trusted knowledge. Representing unique species from Australia, as well as
outcomes of key research with global applications, the collection will
enhance the depth and breadth of any library. The CSIRO Publishing
BioSelect Collection <https://bioone.org/csiro-ebooks> will be available
for cost-effective institutional license under a one-time purchase model
beginning in mid-2024.

“We are pleased to be expanding our relationship with BioOne to now include
an eBook Collection,” said Briana Melideo, Books Publisher, CSIRO
Publishing. “This collection represents decades of trusted knowledge,
through a curation of titles offering a broad range of biological subject
matter. The content represents not only unique Australian flora and fauna
but also globally relevant conservation science and applications. We are
thrilled to see these titles reach a wide audience through this partnership
with BioOne.”

“We’re proud to expand our partnership with CSIRO Publishing to bring their
important research to the libraries and institutions we serve,” said BioOne
Director of Sales and Community Outreach, Christine Orr. “This project, the
second collection from our BioOne eBooks program, demonstrates our
commitment to collaboration with our publisher partners and our shared
vision to find new sustainable pathways to advance the biological sciences.”

###

*About CSIRO Publishing *

CSIRO Publishing <https://www.publish.csiro.au/> is Australia's leading
science publisher. Through our publications we demonstrate the value of
science and capture and share knowledge for future generations.

As part of the research community our purpose is to enhance the impact of
science by communicating the outcomes of research, empowering decision
makers, and enriching the lives of our all our readers. We operate as a
not-for-profit, editorially independent business unit within the
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO),
Australia’s National Science Agency.

CSIRO focus on delivering connectivity to global science, technology and
innovation, as well as accessing new markets for Australian innovation. We
have teams based in six countries who act as hubs for their regions,
promoting Australian innovation and strengthening the bridges between
Australia and the world.

*About BioOne *

BioOne <https://bioonepublishing.org/> is an innovative nonprofit
collaborative and the leading content aggregator in the biological,
ecological, and environmental sciences. More than 150 global scientific
societies and nonprofit publishing organizations include their journals in
BioOne’s flagship product, BioOne Complete <https://bioone.org/>, for the
benefit of 3,500 accessing institutions and millions of researchers
worldwide. Since 2001, BioOne has returned more than 68 million USD in
royalty sharing back to its participants, with a commitment to share
research more broadly, equitably, and sustainably.

*Media Contact*

Amanda Rogers

Communications and Engagement Manager. BioOne

Thank you,

*CHRISTINE ORR, MLS*

Director of Sales and Community Outreach | BioOne
O: +1 202 540 9973  M: +1 631 335 6336

*she / her / hers *
*[image: signature_3693100497] *
Washington, DC, USA | BioOnePublishing.org <http://bioonepublishing.org/>