From: Ann Shumelda Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 21:41:37 -0500

With thanks to Gary Price (LJ infoDOCKET)

Journal Citation Reports (JCR): Clarivate Announces Changes to Journal Impact Factor Category Rankings

Over the past few years, we have implemented a series of policy changes for the Journal Citation Reports (JCR)™ aimed at aligning coverage between the Web of Science Core Collection™ and the JCR, providing more transparency of the data underlying JCR metrics encouraging a more inclusive, more holistic way of comparing journals.

[Clip]

Recent changes to the JCR have included the addition of profile pages for journals indexed in the Arts and Humanities Citation Index (AHCI)™ and Emerging Sources Citation Index (EHCI)™ and the introduction of the Journal Citation Indicator (JCI) in 2021. The JCI is field-normalized to facilitate the comparison of journals across different disciplines, including the arts and humanities. We also extended the Journal Impact Factor (JIF)™ to AHCI and ESCI journals in 2023 so that it now encompasses all quality journals in the Web of Science Core Collection.