From: Amy Kirchhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:00:05 +0000

Hello all ~

Constellate, the new text analysis service from ITHAKA (the same people who bring you JSTOR), has a number of interesting, free public events in March and April—register to attend live or participate asynchronously through video recordings and our Slack (join our Slack community here).

If you have an interest in Large Language Models (advanced artificial intelligence systems that use deep learning techniques to understand and generate human-like text based on vast amounts of training data):

  • Gender bias and stereotypes in Large Language Models is a webinar on research that shows how four recently published LLMs express biased assumptions about men and women’s occupations.
  • Introduction to Language Models - also-known-as, how does ChatGPT work? Is a five-part webinar series providing a detailed explanation of the neural networks of large language models.
  • Supporting Text Analysis and Language Models in the Library (ACRL DSS Workshop Series) is a three-part workshop series for librarians and archivists hosted by Constellate and the ACRL Digital Scholarship Section (DSS) Professional Development Committee, in collaboration with the DSS Numeric and Geospatial Data Services Discussion Group, the DSS Digital Humanities Discussion Group, the DSS Digital Scholarship Center Discussion Group, the DSS Open Research Discussion Group, the DSS Data Information Literacy Discussion Group.

If you are not yet ready to code, but want to learn about text analysis topics, we are excited to introduce you to our key concept tutorials (all are welcome to attend any of these identical sessions, but please be aware that these new features will only be available to the users at our participating institutions.)

  • Learning key concepts in text analysis with interactive applications

·         March 18 at 10 am and 3:30 pm EDT

·         Register for Learning key concepts in text analysis with interactive applications

You are welcome to follow our events page for all our future public events on text analysis, computational research, and artificial intelligence.

~ Amy

--

Amy J. Kirchhoff (she/her)

Constellate Sr. Manager / ITHAKA

Twitter: @AmyPlusFour

Constellate is the only text analysis and data skills platform that integrates access to scholarly content and open educational resources into a cloud-based application and lab to help faculty, librarians, and other instructors easily teach text analysis and data skills.

Take your research further with text and data analysis skills!