From: Ann Shumelda Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 16:44:03 -0400

March 13, 2024.  The Papermill Detection service is one of many ways Wiley is advancing its technology to meet the specific needs of research publishers and societies while making publishing more efficient, effective, and fit for the challenges of the future.

“Our leadership in research publishing technology, paired with our own significant experience in combatting papermills, uniquely positions Wiley to develop this technology,” said Jay Flynn, Wiley Executive Vice President & General Manager, Research & Learning. “We’re grateful to IEEE and Sage for helping us fine tune these advanced checks that will ultimately benefit the entire scholarly publishing industry.”

Designed to safeguard research integrity, this new service incorporates six distinct tools to identify potentially compromised research content.

More here:

https://www.niso.org/niso-io/2024/03/wiley-announces-pilot-ai-powered-papermill-detection-service